MAX14802 Low-Charge-Injection, 16-Channel, High-Voltage Analog Switches
The MAX14802/MAX14803/MAX14803A provide high-voltage switching on 16 channels for ultrasonic imaging and printer applications. The devices utilize HVCMOS process technology to provide 16 high-voltage low-charge-injection SPST switches, controlled by a digital interface. Data is clocked into an internal 16-bit shift register and retained by a programmable latch with enable and clear inputs. A power-on reset function ensures that all switches are open on power-up.
The MAX14802/MAX14803/MAX14803A operate with a wide range of high-voltage supplies including VPP/VNN = +100V/-100V, +200V/0V, or +40V/-160V. The digital interface operates from a separate +2.7V to +5.5V VDD supply. Digital inputs DIN, CLK, active-low LE, and CLR operate on the VDD supply voltage.
The MAX14803/MAX14803A provide integrated 35kΩ bleed resistors on each switch terminal to discharge capacitive loads. The MAX14802/MAX14803/MAX14803A provide integrated clamping diodes for overvoltage protection against positive overshoot.
The MAX14802 is available in a 48-pin LQFP package and is specified for commercial 0°C to +70°C and extended -40°C to +85°C temperature ranges.
The MAX14803 is available in a 48-pin LQFP package and is specified for the commercial 0°C to +70°C temperature range.
The MAX14803A is available in the 110-bump wafer level package (WLP) and is specified at the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Ultrasound Imaging
Features and Benefits
- Integrated Overvoltage Protection
- 20MHz Serial Interface (5V)
- HVCMOS Technology for High Performance
- Individually Programmable High-Voltage Analog Switches
- Very Low 5µA (typ) Quiescent Current
- DC-to-20MHz Low-Voltage Analog Signal Frequency Range
- 2.7V to 5.5V Logic Supply Voltage
- Low-Charge Injection, Low-Capacitance RL Switches
- -77dB (typ) Off-Isolation at 5MHz (RL = 50Ω)
- Daisy-Chainable Serial Interface
- Flexible High-Voltage Supplies (VPP - VNN = 250V)