LTC4080X 500mA Standalone Li-Ion Charger with Integrated 300mA Synchronous Buck in 3mm × 3mm DFN
The LTC4080X is a complete constant-current/constant-voltage linear battery charger for a single-cell 4.2V lithium-ion/polymer battery with an integrated 300mA synchronous buck converter. A 3mm × 3mm DFN package and low external component count make the LTC4080X especially suitable for portable applications. Furthermore, the LTC4080X is specifically designed to work within USB power specifications.
The CHRG pin indicates when charge current has dropped to ten percent of its programmed value (C/10). An internal 4.5 hour timer terminates the charge cycle. The full-featured LTC4080X battery charger also includes automatic recharge and soft-start to limit inrush current. If trickle charging is desired, refer to the LTC4080 datasheet.
The LTC4080X integrates a synchronous buck converter that is powered from the BAT pin. It has an adjustable output voltage and can deliver up to 300mA of load current. The buck converter also features low-current high-efficiency Burst Mode operation that can be selected by the MODE pin.
The LTC4080X is available in 10-lead, low profile (0.75 mm) 3mm × 3mm DFN and 10-lead MSE packages.
- Wireless Headsets
- Bluetooth Applications
- Portable MP3 Players
- Multifunction Wristwatches
Features and Benefits
- Complete Linear Battery Charger with Integrated Buck Converter
- Available in 10-lead, low profile (0.75 mm) 3mm × 3mm DFN and 10-lead MSE packages
- Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Operation with Thermal Feedback to Maximize Charge Rate Without Risk of Overheating
- Internal 4.5 Hour Safety Timer for Termination
- Charge Current Programmable Up to 500mA with 5% Accuracy
- C/10 Charge Current Detection Output
- 5µA Supply Current in Shutdown Mode
- High Efficiency Synchronous Buck Converter300mA Output Current (Constant-Frequency Mode)
- 2.7V to 4.5V Input Range (Powered from BAT Pin)
- 0.8V to VBAT Output Range
- MODE Pin Selects Fixed (2.25MHz) Constant
- Frequency PWM Mode or Low ICC (23µA) Burst Mode® Operation
- 2µA BAT Current in Shutdown Mode