ADM3054 5 kV rms Signal Isolated High Speed CAN Transceiver with Bus Protection
The device employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 3-channel isolator and a CAN transceiver into a single package. The logic side of the device is powered with a single 3.3 V or 5 V supply on VDD1 and the bus side uses a single 5 V supply on VDD2 only. Loss of power on the bus side (VDD2) can be detected by an integrated VDD2SENSE signal.
The ADM3054 creates an isolated interface between the CAN protocol controller and the physical layer bus. It is capable of running at data rates of up to 1 Mbps.
The device has integrated protection on the bus pins, CANH and CANL against shorts to power/ground in 24 V systems.
The device has current-limiting and thermal shutdown features to protect against output short circuits and situations where the bus might be shorted to ground or power terminals. The part is fully specified over the industrial temperature range and is available in a 16-lead, wide-body SOIC package.
- CAN data buses
- Industrial field networks
Features and Benefits
- 5 kV rms signal isolated CAN transceiver
- 5 V or 3.3 V operation on VDD1
- 5 V operation on VDD2
- VDD2SENSE to detect loss of power on VDD2
- Complies with ISO 11898 standard
- High speed data rates of up to 1 Mbps
- Short-circuit protection on CANH and CANL against shorts to power/ground in 24 V systems
- Unpowered nodes do not disturb the bus
- Connect 110 or more nodes on the bus
- Thermal shutdown protection
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL recognition
- 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- VDE Certificates of Conformity
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10): 2006-12
- VIORM = 846 V peak
- UL recognition
- Industrial operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Wide-body, 16-lead SOIC package
- Qualified for automotive applications