MAX395 Serially Controlled, Low-Voltage, 8-Channel SPST Switch
The MAX395 8-channel, serially controlled, single-pole/single-throw (SPST) analog switch offers eight separately controlled switches. The switches conduct equally well in either direction. On-resistance (100Ω max) is matched between switches to 5Ω max and is flat (10Ω max) over the specified signal range.
These CMOS devices can operate continuously with dual power supplies ranging from ±2.7V to ±8V or a single supply between +2.7V and +16V. Each switch can handle rail-to-rail analog signals. The off leakage current is only 0.1nA at +25°C or 5nA at +85°C.
Upon power-up, all switches are off, and the internal shift registers are reset to zero. The MAX395 is electrically equivalent to two MAX391 quad switches controlled by a serial interface, and is pin compatible with the MAX335.
The serial interface is compatible with SPI™/QSPI™ and MICROWIRE™. Functioning as a shift register, it allows data (at DIN) to be clocked in synchronously with the rising edge of clock (SCLK). The shift register's output (DOUT) enables several MAX395s to be daisy chained.
All digital inputs have 0.8V to 2.4V logic thresholds, ensuring both TTL- and CMOS-logic compatibility when using ±5V supplies or a single +5V supply.
- Audio-Signal Routing
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Industrial and Process Control Systems
- Serial Data-Acquisition Systems
Features and Benefits
- SPI/QSPI, MICROWIRE-Compatible Serial Interface
- 8 Separately Controlled SPST Switches
- 100Ω Signal Paths with ±5V Supplies
- Rail-to-Rail Signal Handling
- Asynchronous active-low RESET Input
- Pin Compatible with Industry-Standard MAX335
- ±2.7V to ±8V Dual Supplies
- +2.7V to +16V Single Supply
- > 2kV ESD Protection per Method 3015.7
- TTL/CMOS-Compatible Inputs (with +5V or ±5V Supplies)