LT3080-1 Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
The LT3080-1 is a 1.1A low dropout linear regulator that incorporates an internal ballast resistor to allow direct paralleling of devices without the need for PC board trace resistors. The internal ballast resistor allows multiple devices to be paralleled directly on a surface mount board for higher output current and power dissipation while keeping board layout simple and easy. The device brings out the collector of the pass transistor to allow low dropout operation—down to 350mV—when used with multiple input supplies.
The LT3080-1 is capable of supplying a wide output voltage range. A reference current through a single resistor programs the output voltage to any level between zero and 36V. The LT3080-1 is stable with 2.2μF of ceramic capacitance on the output, not requiring additional ESR as is common with other regulators.
Internal protection includes current limiting and thermal limiting. The LT3080-1 regulator is offered in the 8-lead MSOP (with an Exposed Pad for better thermal characteristics) and 3mm × 3mm DFN packages.
- High Current All Surface Mount Supply
- High Efficiency Linear Regulator
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Parts Count Variable Voltage Supply
- Low Output Voltage Power Supplies
Features and Benefits
- Internal Ballast Resistor Permits Direct Connection to Power Plane for Higher Current and Heat Spreading
- Output Current: 1.1A
- Single Resistor Programs Output Voltage
- 1% Initial Accuracy of SET Pin Current
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- Low Output Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 36V
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- <0.001%/V Line Regulation
- Minimum Load Current: 0.5mA
- Stable with 2.2μF Minimum Ceramic Output Capacitor
- Current Limit with Foldback and Overtemperature Protected
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP and 3mm × 3mm DFN