HMC3716 HBT Digital Phase Frequency Detector 10 - 1300 MHz
The HMC3716LP4E is a digital phase frequency detector which operates from 10 to 1300MHz. It is intended for use in low phase noise synthesizer applications.
The combination of high frequency of operation along with its ultra low phase noise floor make possible synthesizers with wide loop bandwidth and low N resulting in fast switching and very low phase noise. When used in conjunction with a differential loop amplifier, the HMC3716LP4E generates output voltages that can be used to phase lock a VCO to a reference oscillator.
The device is packaged in a 24-pin, 4 x 4mm leadless QFN surface mount package with an exposed ground paddle for improved RF and thermal performance.
- Point-to-point radios
- Satellite communication systems
- Military applications
- Sonet clock generation
Features and Benefits
- Ultra low SSB phase noise floor: -153dBc/Hz at 10kHz offset at 100MHz
- Integrated output resistors
- Improved input sensitivity
- Lock detect and invert functionality
- 24-pin 4 x 4mm SMT package