ADRF5141 Silicon, Transmit and Receive Switch with Limiter, 6 GHz to 12 GHz
The ADRF5141 is a reflective, SPDT switch manufactured in the silicon process. The ADRF5141 is used in transmit and receive applications with an integrated power limiter on the receive path.
The ADRF5141 operates from 6 GHz to 12 GHz. The RX arm with the integrated power limiter has a flat leakage of 17 dBm with a low insertion loss of 1.4 dB at 8 GHz to 11 GHz. The TX arm has an insertion loss of 0.9 dB at 8 GHz to 11 GHz.
The ADRF5141 draws a low current of 13 μA on the positive supply of +3.3 V and 360 μA on the negative supply of −3.3 V. The device employs complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS)-/low voltage transistor to transistor logic (LVTTL)-compatible controls. The ADRF5141 requires no additional driver circuitry, making it an ideal alternative to gallium nitride (GaN) and PIN diode-based switches.
The ADRF5141 comes in a 20-lead, 3.0 mm × 3.0 mm, RoHS-compliant, land grid array (LGA) package and can operate from −40°C to +105°C.
- X-band communications and radars
- Electronic warfare
- Satellite communications
- GaN and PIN diode replacement
Features and Benefits
- High-power transmit and receive switch with an integrated power limiter on receive path
- Frequency range: 6 GHz to 12 GHz
- Reflective 50 Ω design
- Low insertion loss
- TX to ANT: 0.9 dB at 8 GHz to 11 GHz
- ANT to RX: 1.4 dB at 8 GHz to 11 GHz
- High isolation: 55 dB typical for TX to RX when TX selected
- High-power handling (TCASE = 50°C)
- Input at TX: pulsed 40 dBm, >100 ns pulse width at 15% duty cycle
- Input at ANT: pulsed 40 dBm, >100 ns pulse width at 15% duty cycle
- RX flat leakage: 17 dBm
- High linearity
- Input P0.1dB at TX arm: 41 dBm
- Fast switching time: 50 ns
- Fast response and recovery time: <10 ns
- Dual-supply, with no low-frequency spurious
- Positive control interface: CMOS-/LVTTL-compatible
- 20-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LGA package
- Pin compatible with the ADRF5144