ADM3260 Hot Swappable, Dual I2C Isolators with Integrated DC-to-DC Converter
Based on the iCoupler® and isoPower® chip scale transformer technology, the ADM3260 is a hot swappable digital and power isolator with two nonlatching, bidirectional communication channels, supporting a complete isolated I2C interface, and an integrated isolated dc-to-dc converter, supporting up to 150 mW of isolated power conversion.
iCoupler is a chip scale transformer technology with functional, performance, size, and power consumption advantages as compared to optocouplers. The bidirectional I2C channels eliminate the need for splitting I2C signals into separate transmit and receive signals for use with standalone optocouplers.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., isoPower technology, the on-chip isolated dc-to-dc converter provides a regulated, isolated voltage of 3.15 V to 5.25 V with up to 150 mW of output power.
With the ADM3260, the iCoupler and isoPower channels, along with the I2C transceivers, can be integrated with semiconductor circuitry, which enables a complete isolated I2C interface and allows the power converter to be implemented in a small form factor. The ADM3260 is available in 20-lead SSOP package and has an operating temperature range of −40°C to+105°C.
isoPower uses high frequency switching elements to transfer power through its transformer. Special care must be taken during printed circuit board (PCB) layout to meet emissions standards. See the AN-0971 Application Note for board layout recommendations.
- Isolated I2C, SMBus, and PMBus interfaces
- Multilevel I2C interfaces
- Central office switching
- Telecommunication and data communication equipment
- −48 V distributed power systems
- −48 V power supply modules
Features and Benefits
- isoPower integrated, isolated dc-to-dc converter
- Regulated 3.15 V to 5.25 V output
- Up to 150 mW output power
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- iCoupler integrated I2C digital isolator
- Bidirectional I2C communication
- 3.0 V to 5.5 V supply/logic levels
- Open-drain interfaces
- Suitable for hot swap applications
- 30 mA current sink capability
- 1000 kHz maximum frequency
- 20-lead SSOP package with 5.3 mm creepage
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- See data sheet for additional features